Too often, we see law firms that keep the same stale content on their site for months or even years. In order to keep your SEO (search engine optimization) at high levels, you have to provide readers with content that is not only relevant and thorough, but timely and accurate.
If the information on your site is dated, readers will pick up on it pretty quickly, and you’ll pay for it with clicks – and new leads. The good news is, there are some fairly easy ways to boost your law firm content so that you can avoid some of the most common pitfalls.
Our law firm content writers recommend:
- Updating important settlement notifications, clients testimonials and case studies. When clients peruse your website, one of the top things they are going to be interested in learning is what you’ve been able to do for other clients. You can often sell them on your services before they even pick up the phone or send you an e-mail if you can show them how your firm has successfully aided others in the same situation.
- Refresh your landing page content as well as your home page content. Consider that your home page may not be the primary entry point to your site. According to Website Magazine, more than half of consumers are going to find your site via search engine, a third from social media and the rest through links from other sites. Your content marketing – i.e., your articles, blogs, case studies, landing pages, home page content – has to be up-to-date and of high quality if they are going to get any traffic.
- Make sure your blog is up-to-date. In fact, the smartest thing you can do is get your legal blog writing on a regular schedule. The most time-efficient way to do this is by hiring a law firm content company to help you churn out consistent, high-quality blogs.
- Check your online listings for inaccurate contact information. If you have old contact information on various directories or anywhere on your site, you could be losing a substantial amount of business. A Search Engine Watch survey reveals nearly three-fourths of web users lose trust in a local business when a local business listing is incorrect. About the same said faulty information that gets them lost in their search will also result in a loss of trust. You don’t want to be the reason for that.
- Review your entire site. It’s a good idea once every single year to review all of the law firm content on your site and identify which pages may be in need of being edited, rewritten or deleted. For example, are there staff members on there with whom you are no longer associated? Have you added new ones? Do you have a new focus area you’d like to highlight? Are you trying to move away from another? Keep in mind that for a huge number of law firm clients, the lawyer’s website is the first or second touchpoint they will have. You need it to make a good impression. ‘
- Check out the competition. It’s a good idea to have an idea of where your top competitors are excelling and where they may be faltering. There are a number of search analytic sites that can help you with this, and our law firm content writers can help point you in the right direction. You can check for competitor keywords, purchased Adwords, backlinks, display ads and more.
If you have questions on ways to further improve your law firm SEO, we can help.
Contact Law Firm Ghost Writer to learn more about our legal blog writing services at 1.888.901.3939.
More Blog Entries:
Law Firm Content Marketing: Avoid the Bait-and-Switch, April 4, 2016, Law Firm Content Writer Blog